Healthy and Fast Breakfast Smoothie Recipe
Years ago when I was figuring out how to heal myself from Hashimoto’s thyroid disease, gut, skin, pain, and other chronic health issues I was having, I came up with the FreeDiet®. This diet is free of not only gluten but gluten, grains, sugar, yeast, dairy, eggs, soy legumes, nightshades, and processed foods.
I was struggling with what to eat for breakfast and then came up with the idea of having a smoothie. However, smoothies typically take a lot of time and effort because of washing the fruits, spinach, and kale. It just takes a whole lot of time, effort, and energy. I came up with a solution in under three minutes of how to make a nutritious breakfast smoothie.
How to Make the FreeDiet® 3-Minute Super Smoothie
- Start with 12 ounces of filtered water and add half a cup of organic frozen blueberries or cherries. Frozen berries are easy because you don’t have to wash them and they’re already frozen so it’s like adding ice to the smoothie.
- Blend filtered water and organic berries on low for about five seconds.
- Add a scoop of the FreeDiet® Protein or Organic Pea Protein
- Add a rounded tablespoon of organic FreeGreens™ (concentrated fruits and vegetables, chlorella, spirulina) for a number of servings of fruits and vegetables in a concentrated powder.
- Add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed. Grind this ahead of time and keep stored in the refrigerator in a glass jar. It’s an excellent source of essential fats, fiber and flax lignans.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Organic Psyllium Husk Powder as it’s a great source of fiber and is very cleansing. You can start with a teaspoon and work your way up to a tablespoon over a 1-2 weeks.
- Add 1 tablespoon Organic Virgin Unrefined Coconut Oil.
Blend All Ingredients
Put the lid on the blender and blend for five seconds. Check the smoothie after five seconds to see if additional blending is needed. This smoothie is a great source of protein, fruits, vegetables, essential fats, and fiber. It’s fast, easy, delicious, and a great way to start your day.
One troubleshooting tip with psyllium fiber, if you don’t drink it right away, it can get really thick. So, you can use just a teaspoon of psyllium instead. Either drink the smoothie very soon after making or just stick with a level teaspoon of psyllium fiber instead.
That is all it takes for a delicious and nutritious breakfast! Click here for your savings on our FreeDiet®Super Smoothie bundle.